can I start giving my 7 month old apple juice, second stage for sitters?

are you giving your child juices already?
how many oz's?
how many times a day?
for breakfast or dinner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have heard it is best to wait until they are 12 months to give them juice. There is not benefit, it is really just sugar water. You want baby to be eating whole fruit.

Yes, 100 moms will write in "I started giving my baby juice at 3 days old and he is fine!" That doesn't make it right. No juice until one year, then watered down. You never need to give Gerber/baby juice it is a waste of money. Just buy 100% juice.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:03 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I started all my children(with doctor's orders) juice at 4 months. I did not give more then 6 ozs a day. I usually gave it during the middle of the day. To answer your question, yes you can as long as your baby is already sitting up.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:17 PM on May. 24, 2010

• there is no reason to give juice to babies or kids. The only time I do is when they are constipated and then I give pear juice.
    Anonymous

• I think most peds recomend now waiting until baby can drink from a cup. No juice in a bottle is what I was told. Ask your ped if you aren't sure. I would recomend diluting any juice with 50% water.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 5:29 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes you can. My doc said no more than 6 oz a day. Half water half juice. And yes, no juice in a bottle. Cup only :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:38 PM on May. 24, 2010

• my 7 month old must be missing out, she's never had juice, or water, or food.
    Anonymous

• I dont love juice for babies, or toddlers. There is A TON of sugar in juice. Even if you get pure apple juice not from concentrate. Think about how many apples you have to juice to get 6oz of apple juice. Water is fine.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:03 PM on May. 24, 2010

• So I guess its a personal choice whether to give then juice or not... i guess water sound good for now... thanks all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on May. 25, 2010