My bf got a out of state job offer. I really am pissed off.

My bf announced the other day that while at work he was offered a job out of state in Tennesee. He is a salesman for a big corp here in ohio. This would be a step up for him with better pay but i don't want him to be gone all the time. I've shared my feelings on this issue with his response being he would be able to see us on "most" weekends. I'm so upset over this i dont know how to go about trying to stop him from taking this job. I love him so much and want him here more often for my kids and i. Any advice on how to handle this ?

karen69ok

Asked by karen69ok at 5:30 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• hmm all i have to say is he must not feel that commited, is he the father of your kids? I think that I would just say goodbye and move on, easier said then done I know, but I think he is showing his true feelings by leaving and not asking you to go with, or asking you to marry him and go with. Sorry, but thats how I feel. He either needs to show you he wants to be commited, or get out.
    Anonymous

• He is traveling around and living out of hotel rooms. He offered to have us come and pay him visits but i am not prepared to just uproot and go visit out of state.
    karen69ok

Answer by karen69ok at 5:39 PM on May. 24, 2010

• So, basically what you're saying is that you want him to accomodate you, but you're not willing to accomodate him? You're not willing to compromise because it would inconvenience you.
    Anonymous

• I'm not clear on whether the kids are his? If they are, what is the possibility of YOU moving as well?

I wouldn't hold him back from a better opportunity.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:57 PM on May. 24, 2010

• With this economy? If your relationship is solid, things will work out fine and you should support him and not hold him back from a good career move. Being angry with someone for trying to better themselves seems extremely selfish to me, if you plan on staying together this benefits you and your children as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:07 PM on May. 24, 2010

• put on your big girl panties and deal with it! My husband is gone 90% of the time and barely home for holidays...its not the end of the world..if it pays the bills with this economy its best not to turn it down...great jobs are hard to come by...travel with him...relocate..move tennessee is an awesome state to live in...
    Anonymous

• Discuss with him the possibility of moving with him, or move on to the next phase in your life.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 PM on May. 24, 2010

• if you don't want to move then what do you expect him to do? he shouldn't have to give up a great job for you if you're aren't willing to compromise. if he isn't offering you to go with him it's either because he knows you won't compromise or because he doesn't care. if it's because he doesn't care enough about your relationship for it to work then leave him and move on. if your children are his then you should move so your children get to see their father everyday. compromise sucks but if you want your relationship to work sometimes you have to do things you don't want to.
    Anonymous