How do you convince your husband that you NEED to spend some time alone together AWAY from the kids?

My husband is perfectly happy having time alone only at home and only after the kids are in bed, or occaisionally when we meet for lunch. If we go out to eat, we go as a family. I think we've been to one movie together without kids in the last 3 or 4 years. I agree that since we both work most of our off time shold be spent with our children, but I feel like we are losing touch. I'm not looking for a week-end away or anything...just a few hours to go out to eat and catch a movie or something! Any ideas for how I can convince him that we NEED a night or an afternoon out WITHOUT the kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• alone time is important. ask him out on a date. plan it and get a babysitter. or tell him you feel like the romance is fizzling and want to get back to the basics. maybe go out once a month or every couple of weeks, just the two of you.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 5:46 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Sometimes men cannot see what we see and therefore we have to take the intiative to make things happen. Get a babysitter, plan a couple of hours of alone time with him and enjoy!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:55 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I'd make a big sign if he's not listening to you saying the words!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:58 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Well I convinced my dh when I showed him that I can be a FUN girl away from the kids. We got tipsy (which we do not do at home) lol....and had wild sex with toys. NO JOKE.

Now he wants to go all the time...hahahahahaha :) Seriously though...get him to go...show him you appreciate it and do something wild an outrageous he would like :)
    Anonymous

• I don't. he has to convince me lol :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:23 PM on May. 24, 2010

• offer him some good old fashion lovins. without having to worry about being interrupted. if that doesn't work tell him you feel that the two of you need some alone time to bring back the spark in your relationship.
    Anonymous