My neighbors puppy

Okay my neighbor and I bought two female puppies who are sisters. They see each other almost everyday and play all the time. But the thing is her puppy keeps humping my puppy. They are both females. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Pets

• dominance (she is trying to be the boss, leader, her )
    Anonymous

• Her territory...
    Anonymous

• yep... my dog had puppies ( 2 boys, 2 girl) at any given time one is humping one...usually the girl is humping the boy lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 6:25 PM on May. 24, 2010

• OP HERE... She does it anywhere whether it's at my house or her house or even outside. Maybe she is confused and horny. They are Shih Tzu. I don't know if thats normal for this breed or do most dogs do this? It's funny though because her tongue hangs out like she is really doing something.
    Anonymous

• The other dog is trying to show her dominance. It has nothing to do with anything actually sexual. It's the way females show their dominance over one another.
    Anonymous

• This is a normal dog behavior. In this case it is not a sexual act but the other puppy is showing yours dominance.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:05 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes, it is normal. My fixed female is always humping my fixed male...it's just about dominance.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 6:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My female dog must be trying to show dominance to the couch pillows because she's always humping them.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:43 PM on May. 25, 2010