Oh, please...

What's with people thinking that if you spank your kid you're DEFINITELY going to damage them beyond repair?? And what's with the people who think that if you don't spank them they're DEFINITELY going to run wild?? How about if we all discipline our kids in whatever way WORKS and not judge another parent for doing something else that works? Not spanking is fine, as long as they learn discipline. Spanking is fine, as long as they're not abused.

No anonymous, I'm fine whether you agree or not.

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 6:19 PM on May. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• this i an age old debate...whatever methods used...use it wisely. your childrens well being depends on it. good luck 2 u all.
    MomInc

Answer by MomInc at 9:11 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I agree! it goes without saying.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:23 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I agree 100%!!!! I am a spanker, my best friend is not. It is something we do not agree on and so we do not discuss it. We do not garee but her son is not mine and my daughter is not hers so we leave that in the do not talk about list!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:23 PM on May. 24, 2010

• clapping

armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:23 PM on May. 24, 2010

• amen!
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:37 PM on May. 24, 2010

• good job! Im so tired of ppl always bashing each other... you ask for a simple answer and you get all kinds of crap on here! BOOO to bashers and Yay that we can all agree! =)
    Anonymous

• Agreed! I spank my son when needed... but some kids don't respond to it! As long as kids are getting discipline... WHO CARES!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:00 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I do agree with not judging parenting decision when all things are equal but it doesn't apply here because spanking is never OK.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:44 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Answered at 7:44 PM on May. 24, 2010 by: RhondaVeggie
    I do agree with not judging parenting decision when all things are equal but it doesn't apply here because spanking is never OK.

I AGREE.
    Anonymous

• Rhonda, that is your opinion the point of this is not to judge. I think that some things I see parents do is wrong and many people may agree with me but I do not judge. You know what I feel like people who let their kids eat junk food all the time is abuse! Not everyone feels that way and give their kids junk food all the time. Will it hurt them in the long run all studies have shown a big fat YES but people still do it. It is not my job to say anything just like it is not your place to say I am wrong for spanking my DD's butt when she will not listen!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:00 PM on May. 24, 2010