How long were you and SO together before marriage?

DO you believe age is a factor in marriage also? What age is "too young" to get married?

lendales_mommi

Asked by lendales_mommi at 6:34 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• me and my dh were together 11years before we got married
    Anonymous

• 9 months. I'd say under 25 is too early

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:39 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Dating for a couple a years would be ideal; in order to know a person. Marrying pass 27 years of age would also be ideal.
    Anonymous

• We have been together 4 years and both agree not too marry for atleast 5 more.....
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 6:44 PM on May. 24, 2010

• 7 1/2 years and aren't married yet, but very happy together. Yes we want to marry and I would think younger than 25 is too young to get married.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:51 PM on May. 24, 2010

• 3 years...... i say 20 is a very young age.. I was 22 and that is still kinda young but do-able..lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:01 PM on May. 24, 2010

• we were together 5 months before we were married. both of us married for the first time at 39 and 33. prior to that no amount of time was long enough for me to take the plunge. neither of us were looking for a relationship. i think the most important thing is not age but maturity - the ability and willingness to make a lifetime commitment and understand the implications. if it is a younger couple, understand that you are still growing into yourselves. frankly we should all continue to grow, but life experience as an independent person is just beginning when you complete your education. know yourself and honor yourself.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:28 PM on May. 24, 2010

• lol i just saw your post - you guys have been together four years and have a child together? what's the hesitation? there is such a thing as being overly cautious :-) you should know each other well enough at this point to understand if you can make that commitment to each other. it's admirable and wise to take your time and make sure though.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:30 PM on May. 24, 2010

• We were together 3 months before we married. We are divorcing now - I ignored some red flags before we got married. Live and learn.
    Anonymous

• We were together for 1 year before getting engaged and then engaged for 1 year before marrying. If I think about my daughters getting married I would say before finishing college is probably too young. But then now that I said that I am thinking about a young couple I know from church who just got married and I think she has 1 yr of college left. They are amazing together and I would see no reason for them to wait.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 7:39 PM on May. 24, 2010