I arrived at my daycare early to find my two month old son face down sleeping on his stomach on a soft pillow no less! What should I do? Isn't there state laws against this due to the risk of SIDS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ok first of all, yes speak to the director of the daycare and file a complaint if necessary. To the ones saying "stay at home," that isn't always feasible. Not everyone is lucky enough (and yes, you are lucky) to be able to stay at home. People have to work, whether you think they should or not. All daycares are not bad. Some are, most probably aren't. Don't make the OP feel bad for doing what she needs to do.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:58 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I would definetly file a complaint!
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt take im back to that daycare. They have obviously hired incompetent workers thatdon't know any better. Granted SOME babies prefer to sleep on their bellies...but not with a pillow and FACE DOWN?? Are those workers crazy? I wouldn't feel safe for my child to be in that facility for one more day!!
    Good Luck!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:38 PM on May. 24, 2010

• this is why you should be at home with your son. him in daycare at 2 months old is crazy to me! im having a hard time with my 3 yr old going to headstart! make the necessary changes to your budget so you can stay at home with your son or have a family member watch him.i know some moms will think this is rude of me to say but an 8 week old in daycare is just not right.
    Anonymous

• That is one of the safer things that can happen in daycare. Kids die in day care centers everyday.
    Anonymous

• do SOMETHING!
    Anonymous

****************
    She didn't ask for you to bash her... you don't know her situation so you should probably keep your mouth shut... Im so sick of ppl and their crappy attitudes... Just because YOU think its crazy, she DOESNT and its her baby anyways.
    Anonymous

• Way to be a wench anon 6:43. She asked what she should do about this. Not for you to go on a b*&ch trip with your opinions on daycare!!! Get off your high horse. OP: I would definately do some serious complaining and pop in early again to see what i found, if not move daycares (im not sure how feesable that is for you right now.)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:56 PM on May. 24, 2010

• anon :43 here..my opinion on daycare is obviously founded here, look at what the op said she seen wen she arrived early. it may have been rude of me but she asked what she should do, i told her. she should look into stayingwith her son, so she KNOWS he's getting awesome care. im not on a high horse, i just use common sense.
    Anonymous

• Good grief, stay home with your baby!!! Who knows what else they are doing to him that could possibly harm him or even kill him? If this type of scenario isn't enough to scare mothers into actually raising their own kids instead of trusting STRANGERS to do it, then I don't know WHAT is!!
    Anonymous