Can you ask your doctor to take you off of work or do you have to work up until labor if you aren't having any complications?

I'm 35 weeks and I work 3rd shift. I feel like I can't get anything around the house done and ready for the baby because I sleep all during the day. I'm not having any complications but I would really like to have at least two weeks off before baby gets here. I work 40 hours a week. I'm a nurse, on my feet all night, with 50 patients to just myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• all you can do is just ask ur doctor... GL =)
    Anonymous

• have you got maturnity leave? if so you can take that and finish work before you have the baby , i went on maturnity leave when i was like 30 weeks.. i never had any complications..other then swollen ankles and nausea
    Anonymous

• I asked my doc at 8 weeks because of the job i was doing was very hard.. lifting 80 lbs and it would land on my stomach or hip ... I got the whole pregnancy off :) just ask
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 6:48 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I worked till 2 weeks before i delivered. I planned to work through but sweeping and mopping an entire restaraunt every night and being on my feet all day was starting to take its toll so i took off the 2 weeks :) I guess it depends on your job. If it is hazardous or not.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:02 PM on May. 24, 2010