Does anyone else get scared the days before an OB visit?

I forgot I did with my last baby. Every time I have an appointment I'm fine until the couple of days before, then I get scared something is wrong and when I go they will tell me the baby isn't healthy. Does anyone else get parinoid right before visists to the doc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep I did with all 3 pregnancies. I was always afraid, no matter how much movement I was feeling, that I would go in and there would be no heartbeat and for that reason, I refused to ever go alone!! My kids have had a combo on 14 surgies, all but 2 that I went to alone with no issues since I am not normally a paranoid person. But in the case of pregnancy... yes, I know exactly how you feel
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:14 PM on May. 24, 2010

• No~ the opposite!
    I hired a midwifery practice, though.
    It was pure joy, I really looked forward to it!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:50 PM on May. 24, 2010

• What would having a midwife have to do with it? I love going to my OB, I just worry that they won't hear the heartbeat. I'm sure I'd feel the same way with a midwife.

Anonymous

• Maybe it would not be any different for you... I don't know.
    I refer to my personal experiences and statistics, that's all.
    :-)

The style of care can make a huge difference.
    Having your attendant sit down with you for an hour or two at each meeting (perhaps even in the room you will deliver in on that very bed) is relevant.
    A longer time to become better acquainted with each other, with risks and complications, nurturing concerns, educating about prevention-nutrition, etc. has proved to be significant.

The point is, a prenatal session that is part therapy, part midwifery school, part medical care *can* help to alleviate worries.

Maybe your doctor is already like this, some are. In general, midwifery care is pretty different, though.

Let me know if you're interested in working to alleviate worries~ maybe I can help.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:40 PM on May. 24, 2010