Would you be embarrassed to live in a trailer?

I'm NOT putting anyone down who has or does live in one. I was just thinking back to a time when we were younger when my DH wanted to move into one, but I was embarrassed. Does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I lived in a single wide 1960 something trailer with several add ons and then upgraded to a 2001 double wide manufactured home and I loved every minute of it. The older trailers have a lot of character and the newer models have tons of storage space and are built better than most homes. Everyone loved my kitchen and walk in pantry. If you keep your home clean and inviting it doesn't matter where or what you live in.
    millie2112

Answer by millie2112 at 9:29 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Nope. I grew up living in one. . .some of my best memories took place there. Granted, we got look down upon & made fun of sometimes. . .but I could careless what others think. It's a roof over one's head.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:15 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes, I would be very embarrassed to live in a trailer (hence why I am answering anon!)
    Anonymous

• oh yes cause only white trash lives in a trailer. shallow ass people
    Anonymous

• yeah, i think i would. Just being honest. Maybe not so much the trailer..trailer park, i would be very embarrassed
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:19 PM on May. 24, 2010

• depends where it is, what it looks like, how good of shape it's in. i'v lived in trailers. a beat up run down piece of crap box in the middle of nowhere, that is emberassing. a decent looking one that i'v maybe put a little work into, and everything works correctly, no. but i feel the same way about living in a run down house.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:21 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes, I would, but only because of the reputation they have. Maybe I shouldn't care so much what others think, but I would. More so, I couldn't live in such a small place. Or rather, I wouldn't want to. I'm used to having a lot of room.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:22 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Not at all.. Alot of trailers are nicer than apartments and houses other people live in. So why would I be ashamed?
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 7:28 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Hell no. I grew up in a trailer. And some of the ones I have seen (double & triple wides) are nicer than most of the homes I've seen...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:34 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes I would be embarrassed. Not bashing on people who DO live there, just not the place for me.

Answer by missanc at 7:41 PM on May. 24, 2010