Cervix Thinning?

I am 37 wks. & 5 days, I have been having quite a bit of pain and pressure in my bottom when they baby moves. Is this my cervix thinning? It almost feels like she's right there, almost ready to fall out (I know that sounds stupid). I never experienced this feeling, at all, with my first. Any suggestions?

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 7:30 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You won't really fell your cervix thinning out and even if it was, that doesn't mean anything really... You're probably feeling her transition the closer you get the more she will drop down into position. The weeks before I had my son it honestly felt like I was sitting on him anytime I sat down he was so low.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 7:32 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My doctor told me that the second baby will not drop until labor starts. Is this true?
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 7:35 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Um not true at all. Babies can drop at any point before or during labor.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 7:38 PM on May. 24, 2010

• It sounds to me like your baby has "dropped" or engaged in your pelvis.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 8:49 PM on May. 24, 2010

• It's probably just the baby's position and baby is getting bigger so you will feel discomfort in those areas more. My midwife told me the cramps I've been having (not contractions) have probably been my cervix thinning. He said if you feel anything at all (usually you don't feel it) it's cramp like pain. And about the baby dropping, Neither of my babies dropped in the slightest until I was almost fully dilated. Everyone is different.
    MandyP27

Answer by MandyP27 at 10:05 AM on May. 25, 2010