AC bill

What temp do u have your AC on? Its 90 degrees out and I want it comfortable but I don't want the bill to be too high!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• it's going to be high, no matter what. lol. i would recommend leaving your AC on maybe 73ish... but make sure you have all fans on in your house, and try to cover all the windows. the darker it is inside, the cooler it stays.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 7:50 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Depends, I set it on 70 in the evening, let it cool down the house and then turn it off when we go to bed. We keep our drapes closed during the day and it stays a reasonable temperature. But the humidity gets to be terrible on some days and we need to run it all day depending on when everyone is home. I don't feel bad running the AC to keep comfortable. My electric bill doesn't go up that much.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 7:53 PM on May. 24, 2010

• mine is always set on 74-76 .. i suggest blackout curtains.. we have them in our living room where the main heat was and now it barely takes anytime to cool the house.. it makes a world of difference when there isnt as much light coming in..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 7:54 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I grew up with the a/c set at 78. My folks still keep it set that high. I struggle with heat - get overheated way fast, etc, so I keep ours lower - I will change it from day to day, even morning/afternoon/night, depending how I feel. Last year our bills were around $120/month, no clue what they'll be like this year. We'll adjust accordingly if we have to.
    Anonymous

• We usually have it set to 77 degrees. Our bill was over $500 our first month in our home. We moved in, in July. We try to monitor it so that we don't get such a high bill. I live in Sothern California.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:53 AM on May. 25, 2010

• We don't have a/c

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Wow - we keep ours at 79 and use the ceiling fans a lot. But my husband and I both grew up in NC and still live here, maybe we're just used to it being warm.

Answer by missanc at 8:53 AM on May. 25, 2010