omg story of the day! Minn. mom gives birth while driving to hospital

A Minnesota mother has given birth to a baby boy while driving herself to the hospital, with the newborn's father steering the car from the passenger's seat. The Pioneer of Bemidji said 29-year-old Amanda McBride was rushing to the hospital Wednesday when suddenly her water broke and the baby "just slid out."

McBride said she was feeling labor pains at work, so she drove to pick up the baby's father and headed for the hospital. The father, 33-year-old Joseph Phillips, did not drive because he has a history of seizures.

Holy COW! Could you imagine?? Thank GOD they are ok! Do you think YOU would have driven??

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 7:53 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My friend is a doula. Something similar happened to her client last week. The head just popped out 2 miles from the hospital. She pulled over and finished delivering the baby in the McDonald's parking lot. She has decided that since it was so easy to do in the car, she's planning a home birth next time.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:38 PM on May. 24, 2010

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:53 PM on May. 24, 2010

• that's crazy. i think women are a lot more capable of doing things than they think.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:58 PM on May. 24, 2010

• slapI don't know, I just can't see that....an 8 pound baby? no way.

Anonymous

• without an epideral... I couldnt do that! I have low pain tolerance!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:02 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Wow!
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 10:08 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Well, I know a couple, he cannot drive because of seizures, so if they'd decided to have kids she would have had to drive to the hospital or call someone...but they decided not to have them because he's so bad at times. Anyway...I can't imagine that! I gave birth to my 3rd less than an hour after arriving at the hospital and I can't imagine if I'd have waited any longer to get to the hospital!
    Anonymous