please read really want to know some answers so upset

well had a ultrasound last friday and then one two weeks before that im 9 weeks pregnant today and i didnt have a doc appt until june 9th well the nurse from the docs office called and said my doctor wanted to see me on wendsday! i asked what was wrong and they said the sac got smaller and they think its a failed pregnancy:(:(

im so upset! what will he want to discuss what will i have to go threw if i did have a failed pregnancy

the thing is i have had no bleeding or pains so i dont understand y im going threw this please help

cutie_pie200619

Asked by cutie_pie200619 at 7:58 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My guess would be that he will do another ultrasound, and run some bloodwork to see what your HCG levels are. I know you're scared, please just try to relax and not stress yourself out until you have seen the doctor.

If it is failed, you may begin experiencing symptoms soon. The doctor may recommend a surgical procedure. It all depends on what the doctor finds on Wednesday.

Hugs to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:03 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I'm so sorry! First, the nurse should NOT have discussed that with you over the phone - exactly for the reasons that are happening now - you're stressed and scared and worried, and it could be for a reason, in which case your Dr should be the one to tell you and help you with all of this, or there's nothing wrong, and she shouldn't be stressing you like this!!!

Second - I'm so sorry that you are worried and stressed! I don't know why this is happening, and I hope and pray that there isn't anything wrong and that your Dr is just being cautious! I know it's hard, and that the time between now and your appt is going to be hell on earth, but try to stay calm and wait until you hear what your Dr has to say. :-( Is someone going to be able to go with you to your appt? It might be good if you take your SO or a close friend or family member...

(((HUGS!)))
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:05 PM on May. 24, 2010

• aw.. i hope not.. maybe you arent creating enough fluid. my sister in law had that problem.. good luck and keep us posted.. i know theres nothing we can really say to make this better. but if you do have a fail then you am probably early enough to just pass the baby and not need a dnc.. i pray that everything is ok. and i pray for you to have the strength to deal with whatever the dr says to you.. big big hugs..
    Anonymous

• what is a dnc?? thank you everyone im just hoping everything is okay im so excited to have another baby so is my son and hubby i really really hope everything is good, sailorwifenmom yes my mom is going to go with me!!
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 8:12 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I had a sac with nothing in it a while back. (I have since had 3 kids). It was hard at first. The OB gave me the option of waiting for my body to realize there was no baby and to miscarry or have the D&C. That is when they put you under anesthesia and remove the "stuff" - such as for me the empty sac. I couldn't bear just sitting around still feeling pregnant (nauseous, etc) knowing I was not pregnant and knowing I would miscarry anytime now.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:20 PM on May. 24, 2010

• A DNC is where they take a sharp instrument (usually a scalple) and scrape your uterus walls to remove all material.

But sincerely, please don't worry yet. I know there is reason for concerned but the nurse isn't the doctor and maybe she didn't read all the notes on your chart. It isn't her place to be saying anything to you what so ever. I agree with the other poster that perhaps you doc is being cautious. Worry now isn't good for you and the baby. So take a deep breath and wait to hear the doctor out. I wish you the best of luck and the best with what HE says is going on.
    Anonymous

• My sister-in-law was told that she had miscarried her 1st very early on.  They wanted her to get a dnc, but she made an appointment with another dr instead.  When she went in about 2 weeks later, they got a heartbeat & everything was fine with the baby.  I hope everything is OK with you, but if you get bad news follow your gut. 

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:49 PM on May. 24, 2010

• op here i just started bleeding a little but no cramping:( will i still have to have a dnc does everyone that miscarried have to have one??
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 10:01 PM on May. 24, 2010

• You may not have to have a D&C; a lot of doc's (mine included) don't do them unless there is danger of an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy or infection. I'm so sorry you are going through this, wishing you the best.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:24 PM on May. 24, 2010