Is this a normal sleeping pattern?

My 6 mo baby has been going to sleep at 6:00 p.m. But recently started sleeping earlier and earlier...for example today he went to bed at 4:30 p.m. and he enters DEEP sleep up to 6 hrs and then wakes up for two night feedings. The bad part is that he usually woke up at 5:30 am and now he is waking up at 3:00 a.m.!!!! What might has happened? He had tonsil infection but it is over now. How can I make him stay awake until 6:00? Yesterday he fell asleep while I was desperately trying to keep him awake!! HELP!!!

blessingAH

Asked by blessingAH at 8:05 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They do change their patterns a lot...just about everything is normal. Strip him down to the diaper. Keep things dark and quiet when he wakes in the wee hours.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:08 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Mine always needed a 3rd nap in the late afternoon/early evening when they were that age. I would put them down for their nap around 5:30 and let them sleep until 6:30-7 (which was great because it gave me time to cook supper and eat with my older kids after I had my 2nd). Then I would wake them up and let them play for about an hour before going to bed at 8:00.

Answer by missanc at 9:38 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Ugghhh! I hate this stage. Lots of babies do it. It's party time! While I was trying to adjust their sleeping schedule by keeping them up as long as I could, or trying to wake them up after a short nap, I also started adjusting my sleep schedule, so that when I was kept up in the wee hours, I didn't get frustrated or grumpy because I was overly tired. hahaha!

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:44 PM on May. 24, 2010

• UPDATE....Been praying and God made our miracle happen!!! He has slept through the night two days ina row!!!!YAY!!!
    blessingAH

Answer by blessingAH at 10:23 PM on May. 27, 2010