can missing 2 days of prenatal vitamins hurt the baby?

im 31 weeks and i ran out of vitamins and i called to get them refiled. i never go a day without them and i have to wait till wensday to get them.. i didnt have any to take today and i wont have any tomorrow.. will it hurt the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, it won't hurt the baby. You don't actually have to take prenatals. It just helps keep YOU healthier since the baby will leach out all that it needs from you.
    Anonymous

• No, the baby will fine. Babies have born for thousands of years without prenatal. 2 days without is nothing.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 8:28 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Honestly, the most important time to be taking prenatals is during the first trimester. The folic acid in them helps prevent spinal cord problems such as spina bifida. If you were to switch to a properly balanced diet, something like the Brewer's Diet, you really wouldn't need to take prenatals at all.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 8:46 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I was always terrible about remembering to take mine. There is no need for worry.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:47 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I go days forgetting to take mine. Keep in mind you are eating throughout the day and baby is getting most of the things he/she needs. Prenatals sometimes make mom's sick and they don't take them...their babies turn out fine. Missing a few days will not hurt.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:17 PM on May. 24, 2010

• You can buy over the counter vitamins.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 10:06 PM on May. 24, 2010

• of course not. i never took mine with my 2 pregnancies and my kids are HEALTHY. they never get sick and were born around their due dates and around 8lbs each. they are smart too.
    Anonymous

• Prenatal vitamins are more for the mother than the baby. The baby is going to suck all the nutrition out of your body, leaving you with nothing... So that is why they recommend vitamins. In place of my prenatal vitamins, I drink a large glass of carnation instant breakfast.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:02 AM on May. 25, 2010

• It may hurt you; the baby get nutrients first.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:53 AM on May. 25, 2010