Do you love the bible's truth or are you just at church for the people and food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Man, if anyone goes to church just for the people and food they will surely be disappointed at some point in time.
    Anonymous

• There's no food at my church! lol I love the people there. But I was there years before ever making friends. I love the Bible's truth and I love that our pastor teaches instead of preaches.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:44 PM on May. 24, 2010

• LOL. No food at mine either. Must be why you're there.
    Anonymous

• LOL must not be a lot of baptist here. We always have food. And every fund raiser is about food. I go to my church to hear the word of God. The friends and food are a bonus!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:56 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I'd love it if there was some truth in the bible!!
    Anonymous

• I love what the pastor teaches. He is not afraid to offend anyone when its biblical truth. I also love the people as well I am in an awesome bible Study group that is truly people after god's own heart
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 9:02 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I love Yahweh's truth, and comforted in the fact that I finally found a place that teaches the whole truth. The food and people are a plus. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:17 PM on May. 24, 2010

• If I went just for the people then I'd probably never make it there. I love God , and it's feasting at the table of His Teaching that draws me. There's almost no way to explain how "Knowing Truth" feels or drives your life - not just reading or being told, but real truth that your heart just Knows. For anyone and everyone who doesn't get it - I can only say one thing.... stop listening to man, stop questioning man, stop relying on man - Pick up the Word and seek only to Know God, sincerely, consistently and shamlessly - you're heart and life will change forever.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 12:00 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I go to church because I like hearing the Bible read and then listening to the priests homily after. Also I like to go to church early because I enjoy the 15 min before mass where I'm kneeling and silently praying and I know that so many other people are praying around me at the same time. To me it's a peaceful and spiritually moving.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:05 AM on May. 25, 2010

• ok u have got to tell me about that church which serves food !!! any good one around DC/MD area ? :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on May. 25, 2010