When do people start celebrating thier anniversary?...

I'm talking about throwing a party and having friends and family over to celebrate with? Is there a year typically that you start doing this? 15 years? 25 years? 50 years?
I only remember my grandparents celebrating thier 50th.....and my parents recently passed thier 30th...and had I been in the same state would have thrown a celebration.....
What do you think? :)

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 8:58 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I meant to add ... we did something really special a few years ago on our 22nd anniversary because we got married on the 22nd of September ... 22 on the 22 ... =)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:46 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Anytime you want to ... they are all special.

However if you are talking about "landmark" anniversaries, it's usually 25 (silver), 50 (gold) and 75 (diamond, I think).
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:14 PM on May. 24, 2010

• thank you!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:20 PM on May. 24, 2010

• We're going to do one this year for 16. Last year we were going through a lot with his father going into hospice that we canceled all of our plans for our anniversary. This year I would like to "take it back" for us. DH said he is all for it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:35 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Sounds awesome Imma!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:36 PM on May. 24, 2010

• aw that's cool!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:38 PM on May. 25, 2010