define SAHM

When my son was born, I didn't work, but I was a full-time student. What do you call me? Since I was not earning a paycheck, but taking care of my son before and after school....just wondering what that made me...

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 9:36 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Someone asked this a while back. A SAHM means you aren't working a job. If you are going to school, you are a student. Now you can be a student-mommy, but you aren't at home ALL day the way a SAHM is. That's just my opinion.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:38 PM on May. 24, 2010

• a person.
    Shrieking, Angry, Hormonal, Mom. : ) Kidding.
    Anonymous

• Who cares about labels... You're a student and a mother. A stay at home mom is a mom who stays home... You leave to go to school for however many hours which is the same as if you went to work for however many hours. so you're not by definition a stay at home mom. I think its great that you're going to school and furthering your education! Way to go Momma!
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter at all. Just wondering what it would be considered. When I start a sentence out like "When I was a SAHM, I mean student mom, I mean ..... Just curious what other mom's would say.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:44 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I would just say, "When (child) was a baby and I was going to school......"
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:48 PM on May. 24, 2010

• A SAHM is someone who stays home and cares for their children for a majority or all of the week.
    If you work weekends, but stay at home all week to care for your children, then you're a SAHM.
    If you go to school .. whether nights, weekends, or a couple days during the week, but stay home with your kids outside of that you're a SAHM.
    Staying at home a majority or all of the week to care for your children is a SAHM. So if you did that, even though you went to school some days then yes you're a SAHM.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:00 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I'm a SAHM....but why do the lazy chicks that don't know who their baby daddy is, and the ones that lay up and keep fucking and popping out babies to get extra foodstamps and extra government assistance, why do they label themselves as stay at home moms? I've seen that done quite a few times. I'm not labeling all women on assistance in this matter, but I do know some personally that don't even take care of their kids, and they have the nerve to try to be in the same league as women who actually work hard to take care of their hubbies and kids....I think not!
    Anonymous

• Um...excuse me "Anonymous". It sounds like you are really angry about some things, but I asked this question for fun as the label says "just for fun". Your comment, however valid you truely believe it is, is not welcome here. My question was not "How do you feel about woman going to school while popping out babies and living on assistance".

Just to calm you down....I did not receive any other assistance besides WIC. My husband worked full time and made me finish school.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:35 PM on May. 25, 2010