Hazelwood necklace...

Has anyone used a Hazelwood necklace for their child's eczema with success? My DD has it severe and I figured it's worth a shot to get her some relief. I'd love to hear any stories whether successful or not.

Kam06

Asked by Kam06 at 9:36 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My daughter has one, she is 16mo old. Her skin has been a little better but I don't know if it's the neckace or the shea butter, or the green smoothies. She and I(breastfeeding) are on a no dairy, gluten, egg, wht sugar, brown sugar, cane sugar diet. The diet made a HUGE difference. Here is a link to the before and after pics from the food http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1575018/How_I_healed_DD_s_eczema_w_diet_PICS
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:57 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Lynette, I dont understand the muscle testing. Tried to look it up and the things that came up didnt seem to have to do anything with testing food allergies...?!?!?
    Kam06

Answer by Kam06 at 10:41 PM on May. 24, 2010

• did u look up it under it's other name "Nutritional Response Testing"? It gave us food stressers as well as chemical stressers.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:30 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My son also had severe "eczema" as an infant/toddler, but turns out it was food intolerances giving him the awful rash. We did testing & found out he has a specific allergy to wheat & is intolerant of other forms of gluten. He can manage small amounts of gluten containing foods as long as the gluten is not from wheat, which he has to totally avoid. Since the diet changes, his rash has disappeared.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 25, 2010

• What is a hazelwood necklace?
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:34 AM on May. 25, 2010

• To Anon 9:27. My DD's is actually eczema. My mom has it also. We went to the Dr. this morning and I saw the allergy test they did for the usual suspects and on a scale of 1-6 she got 0 for everything and a 1 for dog dander which is very minimal.

To fryshannon34. It's a necklace made out of (I believe) bark from the hazelnut tree. Supposedly the bark absorbs and neutralizes the body's acidity through contact with the skin.
    http://www.hazelaid.com/C_About_Hazelwood.html
    Kam06

Answer by Kam06 at 11:08 AM on May. 25, 2010