Is it safe to use tampons??

It has been 6 weeks today since I have had my DD. My 6 week check up is on Friday but I started my period today. Do you think It's safe to use tampons now or should I wait until my check up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Health

• I would wait.
    Anonymous

• IDK but I would wait. That's just me though.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:41 PM on May. 24, 2010

• if it doesnt hurt to put it in, i would use them. are you sure its your period and not just left over bleeding? that can go from heavy to light to heavy again, too. if youre worried about it, use a pad. trust your intincts. as a new mother, your gonna have to get used to doing that a lot, might as well start! (if this is your fisrt child, but either way, congratulations!) but usually since sex is ok after 6 weeks, check up or not, i would say a tampon should be ok, in general.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 9:42 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Wait until you see your doctor. Then if she says it's okay then go ahead.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I got my period back at six weeks with all three of my pregnancies. I used tampons for each of the three first periods, I got the go ahead from my doctors office before I did though. As long as you did not have massive tearing I think you are probably fine to use them.
    Congratulations on you little one.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:51 PM on May. 24, 2010

• wait
    Anonymous

• My dr told me not to use them until after I went to my 6wk pp checkup...I would definitely wait bc you dont want to get an infection of any sort down there if you are not completely healed...
    Anonymous