Anyone have essure sterilization?

Many years ago the doctor told me how great Depo Provera was. It was fine for a year then I went all crazy and gained 50 lbs in 6 months and have had numerous health problems since then which I attribute to that shit that should be illegal. Now, essure sounds great and simple, but I wonder what's it REALLY like... if you have had this tell me how long ago, any and all questions/complications. THANKS

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 9:49 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Health

• I'm wondering too. I'm thinking about this procedure when I'm done with babies. Since I'm planning at least one more, that gives me some time. I did notice on the Essure website that the procedure has been around for a little over a decade now so if there are going to be long term problems, they should start showing up in the next few years. :-)
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:41 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I've had mines about a year now no problems, but when I googled it women was having lots of serious problem. I Google about a couple of months ago.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:36 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I have it.. when I got it inserted, I had an IV of Fentynol in me, so I really felt nothing.. when it wore off, it felt like a donkey kicked me in the stomach for a couple of days... I haven't had any issues.. I've had it for about a year now.. My OB/GYN told me at age 38, it was the best option for me, as the tubal ligations last about 10 years.. Essure is also considered a tubal ligation... But really, I thin the entire procedure took about 20 minutes, from taking out my Mirena, to inserting the Essure
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 8:10 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I had it done last August. I LOVE it. It was the best decision I ever made. No chance of self reversal. No PTLS symptoms since the blood flow is still in tact. Shorter periods. No hormones. It is great. I wrote journal entries about my experience with it. I will post them in a separate reply.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:54 AM on May. 25, 2010

• purpleducky

• Just google Essure problems and ALLLLL kinds of stuff comes up. I was going to get it done until I started reading about it. Then I was telling my aunt about it, and told her how they do the test to make sure your tubes are closed off. She said she had the same test done for something else and it was the most painful thing she'd ever experienced. That was enough to convince me I wasn't going to take my chances on this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 25, 2010

• i researched it for a while. didn't like what i saw, my husband also didn't want me to get it since the rate of failure during the procedure itself was so high.

poshkat

Answer by poshkat at 12:28 PM on May. 25, 2010

• ugh. i'm definitely interested in hearing more from women who've had it at least a year. i didn't have internet when i got the depo and since then (it's been about 15 years) i've googled on occasion to determine how prevalent the problems i had were - sanity check since none of my doctors were willing to attribute any of the problems much less all to that dangerous drug. i wished i had known better. i'm definitely going to google, but really hope more women who've had this done over a year ago will respond.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:20 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I had this done about 3 years ago. It didn't take long. I didnt have any side effects from it at all. In fact, I was back to my normal routine within 24 hours. Actually, later that evening I took my kids 2 a birthday party. If anything my periods became more regular. However, I regret having it done. Although, I knew (or thought I did) I was done having children; I wish I hadn't made things permanant. Im not sure if the essure procedure can be reversed...since it is a coil and the tubes grow into the coil (thats how it was explained to me).
    Anonymous

• I don't, but there is a gal in my November birth group that does, and got pregnant with it...I guess scar tissue can spasm and allow an egg to pass through or something like that?
    Angela4boys

Answer by Angela4boys at 4:10 PM on May. 25, 2010