When I was doing my DD laundry....(TMI)

There are stains on all of her panties and jeans (period stains). I've educated her about pads, tampons, and changing them regularly. She's 13. I dont understand why she didn't tell me sooner cuz now the stains are almost impossible to get out. She also smells when it's that time of the month for her. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Maybe tell her specifically....You need to change your pad every 2 hours. IDK how heavy she is bleeding. Also tell her even if she has a tampon in she needs a pantyliner. Just discuss it openly.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:58 PM on May. 24, 2010

• she maybe embarressed
    Anonymous

• my mom taught me that when ever that happened to me to rinse them really well in cold water before putting them in the wash when I was a teen. I still do that now if it happens, usually does the trick. U can also try my fav spot remover, original blue Dawn Dishsoap put it on and forget about it for awhile. usually does te trick!
    Anonymous

• OH, BTW I also found a condom in her pocket. Is this a cause for concern or do you think maybe one of her friends gave it to her and she was embarassed?
    Anonymous

• sounds like you need to have a long talk with your daughter about some embarrassing thiings for her. suggest a feminine wash product to clear up her odor problem, many women have a strong smell while on their periods. (no douching though, then she could get an infection, and theres another can of worms for you). make her wash her own jeans and panties out, i bet she might take the idea of changing pads and tampons a bit more seriously, and the fact that she might not be changing them enuff, could cause her smell, too. BTW, peroxide works better than ANYTHING in the world for removing blood stains, even old ones. soak them in it, and then scrub the fabric together and rinse with cold water before washing. i learned this while being a nurse, its one of the "secrets", lol. good luck! and if she had a condom, talk to her about if she knows how to use one, because it wont do her any good to have one, if she doesnt know how to useit
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 10:22 PM on May. 24, 2010

• i know you dont want oyur 13 year old to have sex, but shes going to find a way if she really wants to, and your probably right about getting from a friend, but i think she is dues for some talks and information! good luck!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 10:23 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Have her help you with the laundry so she sees how difficult it is (not as a discipline but to teach her the consequences of not being prepared).
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:57 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I'm baffled on this one. My mom never told me anything but I knew to change my pad and rinse out my bloody clothes. I don't remember telling my daughters to change often or rinse out clothes when needed. They just did it when needed. I guess if she can't figure it out then you do need to tell her. I would definitely ask about the condom.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:25 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Hydrogen peroxide will get blood out of anything. It sounds like you need to talk to her about these things a little more though. She is probably just embarrassed to talk to you about it.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:42 PM on May. 24, 2010

• You are WAY behind on talking to your daughter about her body. Start now, before you realize that she is six months pregant. If your are embarassed, get over it. If you lack knowledge, the two of you can learn together. Our Bodies, Ourselves is a fantastic book for both of you; get a copy at the library or a bookstore today.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 AM on May. 25, 2010