Sometimes I put a onsie over my belly and a pacifier in my mouth for good luck, but my DH finds it odd. I'm very supersitious. Is there anything else that works?

We are TTC and I put the onsie on my belly and put the pacifier in my mouth while we are doing it. It worked the last time we had a baby and I know it will work this time. I can't give this up because it doesn't work if I don't do it. My mom told me that it's a family tradition to conceive babies. He just needs to deal with it right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sex works better. So do ovulation prediction kits. Try having sex every other night. Or try NOT to have a baby. That worked for me. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:19 PM on May. 24, 2010

• maybe you should try to find an adult onesie and since they snap at the bottom it is easy access. the binky thing is a little crazy but whatever floats your boat.
    Anonymous

• You do that WHILE having sex?.. Its probly a turn off for your husband!.. So it would almost be like your pretending to be a baby?Yes that sounds very odd to me!! .. No i dont think that will have any affect of you TTC.. You need to get to know your body, and get to know when you ovulate, that will work the best
    Anonymous

• Ok, just got that and I know I am supposed to be understanding and all that but....EWWWW....that isn't superstition, that is perversion.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:34 PM on May. 24, 2010

• confusedthat's got to be the weirdest thing I've heard today.

Anonymous

• Very very weird...honestly your DH is probably getting turned off seriously by this which is going to decrease your chances of getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

• It's difficult to "get over" something that turns a person off. You're kind of defeating the purpose. He can't have sex and get you pregnant if he is turned off.
    Anonymous

• Well, you see, men are funny that way. Except for the freaks that you probably wouldn't want to father your child, most of them don't want to sleep with a woman who is trying to dress like a baby. So, if you want to get pregnant, take the onsie off your stomach, the paci out of your mouth, and say, "honey, I'd like to get pregnant. Will you help me make that happen?"

Ok, in all seriousness (and I did mean the above simply as a joke), I do think it's probably creeping him out that you are essentially dressing like a baby and wanting him to have sex with you. I don't care whether it's a family tradition or a sexual fetish, I think it's likely he's not having sex with you b/c he's majorly turned off, and you should give it up.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but that's really weird. I can understand why he feels that way, no offense. If it works for you, though...great, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:25 PM on May. 24, 2010

• i see y he thinks it is odd! that would be a major turn off! sounds like u are wanting to be the baby to me! that would make ur hubby a pedifile! Take off the baby clothes and if u need something to suck on suck on him before having sex as a foreplay and stop right b4 he gets off and let him fondle u! then get busy without all the baby clothes my hubby would just roll over and go to sleep if i did something stupid like that!
    Anonymous