Do you like thunderstorms?

I do- My sister is TERRIFIED of them (I have to chuckle, because shes in her later 30's, and hides under the blankets w/ her kids), and she thinks it's odd.
None of my children are afraid of them, and we like to turn the lights off if it is after dark, and listen to/watch them. Listening to the lonely roll of thunder, and the drumming rain is just soothing.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 11:05 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you... I love them. I am trying to get my kids to like them more, my oldest gets a bit scared when there is one, so we try to show the good side of them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:07 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I like to be in a safe place while they are happening. However, I have to be careful and keep my husband inside because he's likely to get struck by lightning a second time since he was hit once before. That, and as much as he likes them, he still gets nervous and twitchy during them which makes everyone else around edgy.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:08 PM on May. 24, 2010

• i love them, especially when i'm sleeping!
    mom24147

Answer by mom24147 at 11:10 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I love them, especially the extreme ones! But we live in a valley, so we don't get to many good ones here, they tend to pass right over us... :(

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yep, love them. We live near a mountain and I love hearing the way it rolls thru the hills.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:30 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I love them. I love extreme ones with strong winds, downpours and lots of thunder and lightning! My daughter is only 22 months, but I already have her watching them with me when they come, so I'm pretty sure she'll never be afraid of them. I do love when it's raining while I'm in bed....what's cozier and more soothing than that??
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:46 PM on May. 24, 2010

• bridget~ I do the same with all of my kids. They LOVE watching the lightning (away from the windows)... the baby will squeal "1-2-3 BOOM!" after he sees the lightning. I think that most kids (and adults) are afraid of the things that they do not understand, or never learned to appreciate.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:54 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I miss them- the ones in Phoenix are awesome.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:16 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I LOVE a good thunderstorm and we get some fantastic ones here. (To quote a local weather man, we have a "14,000 foot thunderstorm generator" directly to the west.) When one blows up over the peaks, I go sit out on our balcony and watch the clouds and lightening.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:55 AM on May. 25, 2010

• LOVE THEM God's LIGHT SHOWS are the BEST, and I love the booming thunder, LOVE CHAIN lightning especially and big cloudbursts and downpours AS LONG as they don't last for days and days
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:07 AM on May. 25, 2010