question about my seven month old daughter's sleeping

Just yesterday my daughter started rolling from her back to her stomach :) well I put her to bed a little while ago and I went to check on her and she had rolled to her stomach. I turned her over and five minutes later she was back on her stomach. Is it ok for her to sleep like that? Each time she was face down not to the side. She sleeps with a pacifier and a small/light receiving blanket. I'm afraid she is gonna get tangled in the blanket or suffocate or hurt her nose or mouth being face down so right now she is in my arms on the couch... I'm just nervous.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 11:19 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter started doing it at that age aswell. Really, as far as I know, there's no way to stop it. My daughter did fine, no issues with the blanket or anything. But to put your mind at ease, get a blanket sleeper. They might be hard to find in stores but you can usually find them online. I love them! Keeps them warm and no fear of it covering their face.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:22 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I never let my daughter sleep with a blanket and around 7 months she started rolling over while sleeping. I felt better without a blanket on her. I just started letting her sleep with a light blanket about a month ago ... she'll be 1 on June 11th ... I was just too anxious :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:25 PM on May. 24, 2010

• if she can roll herself over dont worry about her position-- she will naturally sleep in the best breathing position for her

The SIDS thing and Back to bed is a lie anyway there is absolutely NO evidence that putting a baby to sleep on their tummy is dangerous and their is no evidence that SIDS is reduced by 'back to bed" ask your pedi next time you go to show you the proof-- a case in point which says without any doubt this baby died from sleeping on its tummy THERE IS NO SUCH CASE 0000 NONE zip nodda
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:26 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I'd say take the blankie away if you're nervous and dress her warm if your house is cold.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:27 PM on May. 24, 2010

• According to the organizations that make the SIDs warning recommendations, babies shouldn't have blankets until they are 12 mo. There are many recommendations and back sleeping is just one. Two other important ones are breastfeeding and using a fan in the room (a new one!).

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:27 PM on May. 24, 2010

• interesting-previous post just needed to add this - there is plenty of evidence that babies sleeping with blankets and pillows and teddy bears IS A DEADLY combo v
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:28 PM on May. 24, 2010

• OP
    The only reason I give her a blanket is because she's attached to it and never goes to sleep without it. I always tuck it under her all the waybut now she's rolling over. Should I still take it away? Its really light and she's attached but if its too dangerous then I will take it away.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 11:36 PM on May. 24, 2010

• if she can roll over she is fine
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 12:22 AM on May. 25, 2010

• It's probably time to get rid of the pacifier

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on May. 25, 2010