my 8 month old

my son swallowed something green and i don't know what it was. Should i rush him to the emergency room? I tried to take it out but couldnt! I can't stop worrying and crying!

latinamom94

Asked by latinamom94 at 11:36 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes take him....if there is anything wrong then the doctors will treat him and it'll help ease ur mind and help u relax....i hope there is nothing wrong.....good luck:)
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 11:40 PM on May. 24, 2010

• First of all calm down. No I don't think you need to rush him to the emergency room. I would just keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't have some kind of reaction or any tummy problems, and just wait it out. I'm sure it was harmless and you'll probably see it in his diaper tomorrow morning! My sister swallowed a pink Barbie shoe when she was like 1 and those things are hard plastic and sharp! The doctor just told my mom to watch for any signs that it was causing a problem and look for it in her poop. Well we never found it but she never had anything bad happen!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:44 PM on May. 24, 2010

• since you don't know what it was they will most likely tell you that it will pass and to watch his diapers.....my cousin swallowed a screw and thats what they said to his parents so just watch for it to pass
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 12:16 AM on May. 25, 2010