My Dad is dieing of cancer is there anyone who would like to chat about his or anyone who has been threw this with any family member

regian19832002

Asked by regian19832002 at 11:40 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I watched my grandpa die of cancer. He was old and had lived a good, full life and had given so much of himself to his family. Everyone had told him how much he meant to them and had seen him recently, so there was no regrets. I sat by his bedside all night before the morning he died. He was restless and every time he got agitated I told him how much I loved him. Mom came to relieve me and I slept for just a little while before she came and told me he was dead. I miss him so much, but I'm so glad he died the way he did, filled with love and so special in the hearts of his family. Never miss a moment to tell your dad how much he means ot you. So sorry! Hang in there! Do you believe in heaven?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:44 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I am very familiar with this and if you need a shoulder you can message me...actually right now I could use a shoulder as well...I have 2 family members going through cancer and one will die in a few months....so please feel free to contact me for support!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:48 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes i believe in heaven. Trust me i am not missing out on tellign him how much i love him and how much he means to me and my kids. He told me last monday he was ready to go home and that he was tired of fighting. Then on wensday he was put in the hospital with a blood cloth then on sunday morning in th icu. Were which i not not go back and see him casue my 3 years old is sick with strep and ear infection and they dont not want us to caryy him in nothign but i so do wish to see my father am a daddy's girl
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:49 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My father died of lung cancer. He was living in Florida and I was living in Indiana. I couldn't leave the state with my children because I was divorced (you couldn't leave IN with your kids it was considered kidnapping unless you have the other parents permission or a court order, I never knew where my son's father was). I didn't get to be with him or even go to the funeral. He was only in his 50s.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:50 PM on May. 24, 2010

• that is crazy i woul dhave fliped my lid he has stomach and lung cancer and th espots are getting bigger the kemo is not helping
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:51 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I am so sorry you are going through this, my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in Dec he was operated on and is now going through chemo.......so you can PM me if you would like to talk, anytime. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:16 AM on May. 25, 2010

• thank you all
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:27 AM on May. 25, 2010

• {{hugs}} My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just about five years ago. He lived 101 days after his diagnosis. Pancreatic cancer is a quick and cruel disease most of the time. A month after his diagnosis, my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer, and she died in January 2007.

It can be so very difficult. Try to enjoy the good days. Have you looked into hospice care? We worked with a nonprofit hospice here for both of my parents. The same nurse took care of them, and it made such a tremendous difference for all of us.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I lost my Dad in 2005 to cancer, I am sorry you are going through this. I have also lost 2 grandmothers, a grandfather and a cousin to cancer, if you need to PM me your more then welcome to.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:03 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My aunt died a little over a year ago from breast, bone, and liver cancer. I loved her she was in her mid 40's. I spent every summer and alot of weekends with her from the time i was like 7. It fucking SUCKS. I was soooo afraid to go see her when she got bad because i knew i couldnt handle it, but i went and cried like a baby every time :) i still cry like a baby, ha im crying now. She was such a wonderful woman and im sure that you will feel the same about ur dad. I missed alot with her in the end because i had a young child and worked full time and went to school but i went to see her two days b4 she died. I held her hand and cried. When i got the call i just sat and cried. Ha im a crier. Im soo sorry you are going through this and i wish i could help. But i cant, not really. Im sorry you are losing your dad. One thing i did was tape record us in the end. Her telling me stories. Now i have her voice, if not her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 25, 2010