after stripping of membranes?!?!?!?

Are u suppose to cramp and get really lite spotting? the doctor had told me yeah but how long does it or can it last?

lovemynutterbut

Asked by lovemynutterbut at 11:43 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I think it's "normal" (considering that stripping membranes is NOT normal). I don't know how long it could last. I guess the hope is you'll go into labor within a few hours, but if you go on like this for a day without starting labor, ugh....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:50 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes thats normal. Hopefully it works for you... I had to get mine done 3 times! Then the night before I was going to get it done a 4th time my water broke! :D
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:06 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Yup it's common. I had my membranes striped wiht both my pregnancies. With my first pregnancy I went into labor almost immediately, had my son the next day. With my second one, my membranes were striped the day before I was schedualed to be induced. But it didn't really bring on labor that time
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:27 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Yep! That's normal! With my second baby, I had my membranes stripped and I went and walked for a while and I went into labor!!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:00 AM on May. 25, 2010

• They told me that you could spot, but I dont think I did alot at all, I just remember that 2 days later I was in labour.
    Anonymous