Should I try diet pills to lose the baby weight?

omgimpreggers

Asked by omgimpreggers at 11:46 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No. Diet pills have been deemed unsafe for a number of years now. They don't work and have been linked to heart problems. If you want to lose the baby weight, try Weight Watchers and working out.
    Anonymous

• i take mega-t green tea pills. they are actually good for you but they also help you loose weight. they are a natural herbal supplement and not an actual "diet pill". but you still have to diet & exercise, they just help you with energy, they speed up the weight loss, and help u with the hunger. i buy them at CVS.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:58 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Only if that weight is in your wallet. That's all diet pills will really whittle. Weight Watchers, exercise, nine months to take it off.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 AM on May. 25, 2010

• BTW,. Your profile says you might be getting an insulin pump? Definitely no fooling with diet pills until you've talked to your doc.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:30 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on May. 25, 2010

• i recommend a protein shake.. thats what i did it helped boost my metabolism and killed my cravings so it was easier to lose weight..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:39 AM on May. 25, 2010

• NONONONO!! I am at a healthy weight now thanks to exercise and healthy eating. But now I have to deal w/ high blood pressure. Thanks to diet pills. They didn't help me lose weight faster either. I continued to lose weight at the same rate after I stopped taking them.
    Anonymous

• definately not if you're nursing or have any kind of health problems. if you're ok on those two points, then if you choose a diet pill you have to use it with diet and exercise (just keep that in mind). you could try ally...... i never tried it but it seems to be safer than the xenadrine type products.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:03 PM on May. 25, 2010

• The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved two new warnings for prescription weight-loss drug Xenical and over-the-counter pill Alli, making it clear to consumers that both drugs have had reports of severe liver injury.

The active ingredient that both drugs share, called orlistat, can cause liver damage. Symptoms include itching, yellow eyes or skin, dark urine, light-colored stools or loss of appetite. The FDA advises patients to stop taking either medicine and seek medical attention if they notice these symptoms.

"The FDA said it reviewed 12 cases of severe liver damage in patients outside the United States who took Xenical, and one in a U.S. patient who took Alli," according to Reuters. "Two died and three needed liver transplants."
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:25 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Orilistat can cause fecal leakage ... eww.

I work at GNC and when people ask about diet pills I talk to them about protein shakes, exercising, vitamins and changing their diets. Diet pills, to me, are more of a placebo.
    While some of the ingredients may help with weight loss they all have a "proprietary blend". Meaning x number of herbs and chemicals = the mg. For all you know, you're getting all "fillers" and not enough of the stuff that can help, if it really does.

I don't lie to the customers...

As far as the caffeine and green tea. If you consume caffeine, you aren't going to see much improvement with your metabolism.

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010