What's the most unusual circumstances under which you've breastfed?

I breastfed standing up in a Kin Tut's Tomb museum exhibit in San Fransisco. It was dark. I hadn't planned it that way, but the day was topsy-turvy and it all worked out. I was more embarrassed about changing my kids diaper in a crowded room than about breastfeeding.

CM staff, could you please make a breastfeeding section?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 11:49 PM on May. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• on the exam table @ my surgeons office, while I was having a pre-op for my tubal. When he looked up and saw what I was doing he blushed, but he could poke around my nether regions all day and never bat an eye. weird.

Though, there have been lots of places I never thought I would have to- like @ the grocery, riding the bus/@bus stop, while walking a mini-marathon, @ the childrens museum, I could go on, and on...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:00 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I breastfed in a wheelchair in divorce court.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:57 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I've bf'd in church, I bf'd in the little cubicle that I changed in before my MRI, I bf'd at the zoo while my older boys enjoyed an ice cream treat. I would bf'd anywhere I was, if my baby was hungry I'd feed him. I never really thought of any of them as unusual though, just what needed to be done.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:08 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I breastfed on a plane surronded by business men on a red eye flight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 25, 2010

• in the middle of the mall with 3 mo old twins while keeping my two boys and nephew entertained while sil was looking at clothes. maybe not an odd place...but pretty difficult circumstance as bf the twins was still new : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:51 AM on May. 25, 2010

• In the court house waiting for my DH's trial...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:59 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My second child....traffic jam due to mud spill in the road. We were all stopped and waiting for a good 1/2 hr for the men to clear the road. Since I was still a good 40 mins from home and he was hungry...I fed him while sitting in the car and when they started up again a nice man came and knocked on my window to inform me so I could put the baby back in his seat and get going.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:39 PM on May. 25, 2010

• aisle 6 at walmart, near the peanut butter
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:32 PM on May. 25, 2010