How can I make bedtime a little easier ?

For the last week and a half, my son has been sleeping in his big boy bed [yayy !) At first he only threw a small fit, but now every night he throw's huge fits, but he still sleep's in the bed anyways. My question is, how can I kind of curve this fits that way bedtime is a little more pleasant? I mean I dont think his problem is with the bed because he knows once his teeth are brushed that its time for bed, and he'll wait for me to say "Go get in your big boy bed" and he'll climb right in, but its once the lights out, several minutes later the fit starts, so I tried a night light, and the attitude didnt change, so is there anything I can do to make bedtime a little more pleasant for the both of us, but mainly for him, I hate to see him upset, let alone hear him ='( Anyways thanks for any advice in advance !

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 11:51 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you do story time before bed? I usually get in bed with my kids after their bath and we read a couple stories. I think it helps the transition to sleepy time A LOT. And then I tuck them in, sing a song, give them a kiss and say goodnight. We rarely have night-time issues.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 2:31 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I am sure in a week or so once he has adjusted a bit more he will be fine, the other thing is, I am not sure how old he is but he may just be going through the whole hating to have to go to bed stage, I know my daughter does exactly what you son does sometimes and its simply because she just doesnt want to go to bed.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:13 AM on May. 25, 2010

• OP

He is 20 months old , sorry I didnt mention it before LOL
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 12:35 AM on May. 25, 2010