Could i be pregnant with twins??

Everyone keeps telling me that i am having twins!! I am actually a whole lot bigger than i was with my first!!

here is a pic of me with my first

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=5zeR%2FeOxIJd7PVBhNZJ6qIh4l5k2TGxc

this is me with my second

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=5zeR%2FeOxIJch9bdIsIKsA4h4l5k2TGxc

if it helps......
i am extremely tired this pregnancy
i sweat like crazy
im super moody
and i throw up like crazy

i never had these with my first pregnancy

also i go to the doctor to find out for my first ultrasound

MommaWild08

Asked by MommaWild08 at 12:28 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Usually, but not always, a doctor can tell fairly early if a woman is carrying twins. They can usually hear two heart beats with the doppler. Most women are bigger with their second pregnancy. It also depends where the baby is at.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:34 AM on May. 25, 2010

• With my second I was convinced I was having twins. I was HUGE by my 13th week. I have one beautiful baby girl... not the two I was expecting:) For me, it just turned out a girl pregnancy was a lot different ("worse") than a boy pregnancy. Good luck, and congratulations on your one (or maybe 2) babies!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:47 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I agree with the PP. My first was a boy and I barely showed.. My second was a girl and man did I show a lot! I am preggo again and I am not showing as fast, so I think I'm having another boy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:59 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Size has nothing to do with it. I have a friend who looks 6 months pregnant when she's 12 weeks - but then her belly quits growing and baby keeps growing fine. With her last 3 pregnancies, the midwife (same one I went to) told her at her first appointment she looked like she was having twins - nope, just grew really big really fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My magic 8 ball says "Ask again." Shake shake shake. "Ask again." Shake shake shake. "Maybe" Shake shake shake. "There are no definite answers."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on May. 25, 2010

• The big thing you have to remember is every pregnancy is different. I have had 3 girls and 1 boy. I am currently pregnant with my second boy. I can tell you with my first I didn't show until almost 7 months! With my second I was about 5 1/2 months, with my third it was about 5 months, with my 4th about 5 months and with my current one about 4 months. I did ask my doctor and he said it is because your muscles are already familiar with what they need to do and it is not a new process for them so they stretch easier the second time and any times after that. I wouldn't worry too much.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:50 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Sure... if you are pregnant, of course you COULD be pregnant with twins. You could be pregnant with triplets too! Size doesnt mean anything at all... I use to have a "budda belly" and I looked 9 months pregnant when I wasnt even pregnant at all. I had all the same symptoms as you with all three of my pregnancies and I was never pregnant with twins. Each pregnancy is different but from what you have said, there is no reason I would think you were having twins verses a singleton.

Anon :28... thats the best answer I have seen on CM yet!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 25, 2010