How are your food storage and preps going?

Are you getting ready for the worst and hoping for the best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I am not a survivalist; I want to die when the big one hits.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I'm not fanatical about it, but I always try to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This kind of thinking has seen us through some pretty rough financial times.
    As for how it's going right now with food prep & storage? Our strawberries should be ripening in the next few weeks. I hope to get my garden planted within the next week. We rely on our fruit trees and garden veggies that I preserve to see us through the majority, if not all, of the year. I know that I have 4 to 6 weeks worth of food in the pantry right now and look to increase that over the summer. Out of our 3 freezers, 1 is completely empty and the food items in the other two could be combined into one. I'm not too worried.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:15 AM on May. 25, 2010