Are you going to boycott BP? Are you prepared to help the people who get laid off due to financial strain on the company?

I DO THINK THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE ALONG WITH THE DRILLING COMPANY....but, joe blow who pumps gas had nothing to do with it...but by all means...let's put him on welfare.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry for him but that's how the market works. For the public to show their displeasure is to not go to the pumps. It's a trickle up effect, that sadly "joe blow" as you call him has to deal with. That's part the risk of doing business and being a franchise: taking a hit when corporate does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on May. 25, 2010

• OP: that trickle down effect will go over really well when society is supporting him as well as the others impacted by this tragedy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on May. 25, 2010

• So then what do you suggest people do to show their displeasure?
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 7:43 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I won't boycott. It is an accident, yes they should have redundancies in place but like you said the MANY people that depend on their revunue are not responsible and I won't punish them. Lobbying your senators and congressman for tighter monitering is the right way to show your displeasure.
    gfargas

Answer by gfargas at 7:47 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I remember boycotting Exxon after the Valdez spill. I don't recall my boycott affecting the company's bottom line, but I felt good knowing I wasn't contributing to their profits!

Besides, if you have a job...ANY job....you are an "at will" employee! There is no such thing as a permanent employee in the PRIVATE sector! Meaning that for WHATEVER reason, you can be fired, laid off, position can be eliminated, whatever your employer wants to do--even if you are their BEST employee!!!

To assume that someone who boycotts BP or their subsidiaries is going to cause the "gas jockey" to jump to being on welfare, is a bit of a stretch!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:48 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Lobbying your senators and congressman for tighter monitering is the right way to show your displeasure.

***
    Riiight. Because our administration's response to date has been, well..."stellar!!" (sarcasm). The government doesn't monitor anything--except when they can squeeze more tax dollars out of it!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Rightly said LORIKEET!!! The gov't doesn't monitor a thing, except it were for their benefit. OR to cover up the lies. WHO in their right mind would disperse an oil leak, when the clumping would have made it easy to harness, we all know the clumps are what is supposed to be sucked back into those hoses, it's nonsense to disperse a zillion gallons of oil goo. Oh, unless it gets sucked up and it's easier to pull through the hose. But what about just scooping it with a huge scoop and piling it to the shoreline to show what the mess is really like. Now it could've been used again even then, like road tar or something useful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Isn't road tar, simply dried form of crude oil, have you ever smelled road tar, on a hot day. WHEEEWWWW!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I won't boycott them, but I don't get gas or shop in their travel stops anyhow. If I am driving and need gas and that's all that's there, I will stop there because I have to, not because I want to support them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:21 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Don't go to any BP's anyway, but no, I won't help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on May. 25, 2010