Instead of two marrying, what about three? o_O

Say a man wanted to marry two bi-sexual woman.. and the two bi-sexual women wanted to marry each other and the man.. All in love with each other. If they had a wedding where they're were two brides and one groom? I wonder if that could be done? Me and my husband have been married for almost 8 years, and I have always been bi-sexual since I was in my early teens. About 4 years ago we started having 3somes. We mentioned it to my friend, and we ended up doing it one night with her. And she moved in with us. Ever since then we've been one big family. My son is 14 from my 1st marriage, and we both can't have any more kids. We've been talking about whether we could actually all get married. Cause there was a first black & white marriage, a first gay marriage.. why not let us too? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• i think that if you can and want to then go for it but it is just a piece of paper. You could all still get rings, dresses/tux, and have a nice reception. All the paper does is give you the right to health insurence, oh and like death benifits unless they have specific written will. It may be illegal to marry but being together and as happy as you sound then do it. This way if something did go sour it would be easier to get out of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I think attorneys would have a hey day with this! 3 people divorcing each other,,,,wahoo!! chu-ching!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Why not? I don't have any problems with it, unless my husband wants to bring home another woman or worse another man! As long as it doesn't affect me I'm cool with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I think polygamy is illegal but there are religions which allow a man to have more than one wife, the marriage just wouldn't be recognised by the state...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:12 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I have no problem with polygamy, especially under the circumstances you've mentioned. It's where young people get "brainwashed" into it that I have a problem. I really don't care what people do as long as:

1. They are of legal age

2. They are able to consent

It's the second one that is tricky.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:12 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I personally wouldn't want to do it. I love one man, and one man only, and I don't wish to share him with anyone else, nor does he wish to share me, since he loves only me. But, why should our feelings stop you from doing what you want? From what you describe, it would be all absolutely mutual, so no one would be getting hurt. My only question would be, if it didn't work out, how would the divorce work? Would it only end things between the two it wasn't working for, or between all 3? Would two pay one alimony? How would custody and child support work? I think it might be a lot more complicated, and divorce is already pretty complicated. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:52 AM on May. 25, 2010

• It's called polygamy and it's illegal. Technically, you could go to jail.

Answer by missanc at 8:35 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Polygamy is illegal in all states.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Who cares if you can't get married legally? Just be happy that you're happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on May. 25, 2010

• its not polygamy. its called polyamory. polygamy is illegal but i dont c whats wrong wit it. polygamy is whn a man or woman have multiple spouses but the othr spouses arent 2gether. polyamory is whn multiple ppl all love eachother, ive actually thought very long n hard about it myself cuz i have a woman who i call my wife but i still love men.lol. pm me if u wanna talk.
    tamizmama187

Answer by tamizmama187 at 7:49 PM on May. 25, 2010