Rash or sunburn?? Please help, need to know whether to take him to DR

We were out back today playing with my 17mos old when my husband realized the big black ants that we thought we had gotten rid of the year before were back. We had only been outside for about 15mins playing in his kiddie pool & I had put some sunscreen on him beforehand.

I noticed that he had a couple bites on his stomach & assumed it was from the ants, but didn't worry because my husband got a bite too & was fine. Well hours later I went to change his outfit & noticed what could be either a sunburn or rash. It's mostly on his stomach & back. His cheeks are red too but he's teething so I figured that's what that is from. The only reason why I'm worried about it being a rash is we've stayed out for much longer periods than 15mins without my son burning.

I'm just worried that this could be some sort of allergic reaction to the bite & he's never had benedryl before. :/ Please help moms!

ours

Asked by ours at 2:05 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Health

• Rule of thumb. If you THINK you need to see the doctor, then you need to see the doctor...just for your own peace of mind.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:24 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Call your Dr's office. Most Dr offices have a Dr on call to call during the off hours and don't charge for answering a few questions over the phone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on May. 25, 2010

• sun b urns dont cause a rash, he was bit or possibly is having a reaction to something in the grass. my son gets itchy sometimes too.. call the doc ;). he'll be fine.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:15 AM on May. 25, 2010