Did you consider yourself an animal lover until you got your first pet?

I always thought I loved animals until I got one. I will keep him and he is very well taken care of, but never again! Does anybody else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was having the same conversation with my sister about this over the week end and she said the same thing "never again!"

Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 2:22 AM on May. 25, 2010

• No, I knew that having pets was not for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on May. 25, 2010

• ha kinda! I find myself yelling at my dog and wishing I wouldn't have ever gotten her all the time! I never thought I would ever get this upset at an animal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on May. 25, 2010

• yes!!!! i love love love animals..... then we got a puppy. i would never get another lol it was worse than having a bunch of new babies in the house lol it whined and screamed all night and pooped everywhere and chewed everything. now i love dogs but im more of a cat person they train themselves hahaha
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:23 AM on May. 25, 2010

• no..i have always loved animals, and always will!! ive had my fair share of going crazy on having them...last year i got 2 puppies at the same time, plus i had a 1yr old dog..soo yaa it was CRAZZY!! many days i wanted to get rid of them..lol..but i never would!! would i do it over again?? ABSOLUTELY!!! but not anytime soon...seeing as my dogs are only 1yr and 2yrs..(i have 3 all together) and where i live, theres a by-law that says were only allowed 2 dogs per house..soooooo..if any of our neigbors ratted us out, we could be in BIG trouble..we'd have to get rid of one of them, and pay a huge fine..sooooo..hopefully that doesnt happen!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on May. 25, 2010

• No, I've loved animals from day one and always will. As a kid we had cats and I had gerbils, rabbits, fish, snakes, a rat, and leased a horse. When I turned 12, after 12 years of begging I got my 1st dog. He was the best dog ever and lived to be 15! When DH and I were in college we got our 1st dog, she's 6 now, 2 years later we got another dog, and a year after that we got a rabbit. We're getting 2 more rabbits in about a month. When we get a bigger place I want a parrot and another dog, maybe even a horse or two if we ever get enough property but horse property around here is CRAZY expensive :( ... so yeah, I REALLY like animals lol.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:40 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Where do you live anon? I've never heard of laws allowing less than 4 dogs in a household.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:42 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Puppies are just a pain in the neck. I adopted a 4 week old puppy a week ago because his mom wasn't producing enough milk and the owner couldn't keep up on hand feeding all the puppies. They were all sick and malnourished. He's doing much better now, but in my opinion, he's worse than a baby because you can take babies with you where ever you go. I actually had to have my mom babysit him so I could go shopping. He won't sleep unless your holding him and cries for everything. Uggg..........Yeah, I wish we could skip the puppy stage, but that's what makes it YOUR dog and you'll love him forever.

I already have an older dog, and consider myself an animal lover.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on May. 25, 2010