Are there times when you intentionally don't do your hubby's laundry?

I don't feel like doing his laundry so I'll leave those for him to do himself. Grr...

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 4:22 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• i do our laundry... i am a SAHM but i do not turn shirts inside out or right side in or whatever... i fold all his laundry and put them on his side of the bed he is capable of at least putting them in drawers... but when i was working he did most of the laundry to be honest... a few of my things did get ruined if he forgot to ask or check how it should be washed, but he did it.......... i did most of the rest of the household stuff... but now i do it all......... and raise our DD feels like i am a married single parent!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 25, 2010

• YES!! I have laundry baskets in the bedroom and in the laundry room, I will only do his laundry if his dirty cloths are in the baskets, I will not pick them up form the extra room to wash them. There is a pretty big pile of his dirty cloths in the closet door of our spare bedroom and needless to say they wont be getting washed. I have a bunch of house work to do everyday plus take care of baby plus work part time so I don't think its my job to hunt down his dirty cloths.. wow that was kind of a vent for me lol
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 4:45 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I never do his laundry. He's a cook in a restaurant, so he has to wear the fancy schmancy little chef's coats. Needless to say, they can get pretty dirty at work. He washes all his own uniforms and aprons because it's a major undertaking. He has to pretreat them, bleach them, and wash them in hot water. Screw that. He can do it himself. :D Also, by him doing it himself, if a stain won't come out, he doesn't have a reason to yell at me. :D
    bluejupalex

Answer by bluejupalex at 5:57 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Wow! You are quite passive/aggressive, aren't you?

It doesn't make economic or environmental sense to wash clothes separately.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on May. 25, 2010

• lol, YES I DO! Especially when I'm mad at him. I'll sort out his clothes and throw them in a pile, and then do mine and the kids'. I leave the pile sitting there just so he knows I meant not to wash his clothes. Treat me like crap and I'm not ganna do shit for him. And if he wants to not pay a bill ever because he's mad at me, thats fine.. he can go without whatever it was that was shut off. Me and the kids can stay at my parents..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Wow. Three of the first four answers leave no doubt about what sort of relationship some women have/value. I'm sorry, but you get what you give ~ or you should get out and stop complaining.

If you are staying at home and your DH works, than you should do the laundry. If both are working the chores should be split out and shared.

If spite and malice are the best way you can figure out to settle a problem or an argument imo you really don't deserve much better than you're getting. I've been married to an abusive scumbag and still did the laundry, etc. I raised 3 boys ~ and they WERE taught that what wasn't in the hamper didn't get washed ~ but they were also taught how to do laundry. For a DH that leaves laundry on the floor, that is as far as it would go. These are your husbands ladies, if you want them to be mature, you also have to make that effort.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:00 AM on May. 25, 2010

• No, I always do the laundry. Now there have been times I have left his socks on the floor (after repeated requests to put them in the basket and even placing the basket near where he gets undressed). But he works outside the home and I work inside. But I really do dislike laundry, no matter who it belongs to! LOL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:19 AM on May. 25, 2010

• If his clothes end up in the hamper and sorted correctly then I wash it. if not then it gets left on the floor or thrown on the floor as I remove it from the wrong hamper (we presort our clothes) and put it on the floor for him to resort. I only needed to do this at the beginning of our relationship. I spoke with him several times and it didn't help so I just matter of factly started doing this. Within about a month of not having clean laundry when he needed it he started sorting correctly. We were both working full time so it wasn't like I had all the time in the world to resort his laundry or hunt around the house for it. I went so far as to put hampers in all the places he was just dropping his laundry too. If it didn't end up in the hamper it wasn't washed.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:19 AM on May. 25, 2010

• No, I've never done that. His laundry and my laundry are in the same hamper in our bedroom. I wash it. The kids' hampers are in their bedrooms. They wash it. We take turns washing the towels. However, if it's not in the hamper, it's not getting washed. No big deal. Laundry is the easy chore. Dishes, now that's another story.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:23 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I'm a grown up, and I'm married to a grown-up, so no, we don't act like spoiled brats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on May. 25, 2010