Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I find kids that need childcare?

I am a stay at home mom and I've been in childcare for the past six years. I am educated and my children are well behaved and have manners. I had a full house last summer - but then one couple left me in November because they were moving. NOW - the last child I had left (I only had a small bunch) has decided that they want to use the place at the mom's office. I have had him since he was SIX MONTHS old. I have helped them through several times where she was hospitalized for a mental disorder and I have gone as far as befriended them. I think the problem is that now that he is older, and they have given in to his every want, they are mad because they asked my opinion and I gave it to them. I know they have to do the best thing for their family - I just wish I wasn't in such a bad position to be happy for them. They were what was keeping food on my table. I have flyers up at the grocery store and on craigslist.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (8)
  • sign up as a care giver at

    Put an ad in your local newspaper

    Ask to post flyers at your local park-n-rec delete your answer

    Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:26 AM on May. 25, 2010

  • I would also place fliers around your neighborhood--on front doors or mailboxes. Word of mouth is always the best advertiser! :o)

    Answer by LoriKeet at 7:36 AM on May. 25, 2010

  • Well I think the last post covered what I was going to say! I was also going to suggest craigslist but I guess you got that covered. Good Luck I hope you find something soon!

    Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home

    Answer by ZaraN at 7:47 AM on May. 25, 2010

  • There is a couple childcare websites called and've used (that one is my favorite) to look for a sitter, and to find a childcare job for myself also. You can search within "XX" miles from your house and can filter results. Hope that helps and good luck! You could also try putting an ad online with your local newspaper or in the paper itself.

    Answer by landons.mama at 10:29 AM on May. 25, 2010

  • Ask if you can leave fliers at local businesses, especially ones that cater to parents or kids (pediatrician's office for example). Please do NOT put anything in or on mailboxes; it is illegal, and you can be fined if you are caught. I have also seen childcare providers put up signs in neighborhoods, but I don't know how effective that is.

    Answer by andrea96 at 10:30 AM on May. 25, 2010



    Answer by rkoloms at 10:35 AM on May. 25, 2010

  • That is AWESOME!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 25, 2010

  • I have some sites listed on my Blog that are all FREE classifieds:

    Free Classifieds


    Answer by m-avi at 11:36 AM on May. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Do you know what will happen tomorrow?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)