4th day, no cigs, worse day yet??

This is the beginning of my 4th day without cigs. So far it is my worst day yet. Moody, and feel icky all over. Cough is worse today too.

I don't thnk I can do this :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Health

• The problem with niccorette is it has nicotine in it,and thats why when you chew it it helps calm your nerves. The first week IS the hardest I know it was for me, but after that it starts getting easier, stay active and try weight lifting do some cardio workouts you will start feeling so much better. Keep encouraging yourself and think about why you want to quit, for me I felt bad for wasting that money on smokes and not on my kids. I also remember when my dad smoked and his first heart attack and I remember how aweful he spelled all the time and also how grumpy he was when he didnt have his smokes,I was doing the same to my children and I wanted them to have a happy healthy momma! It will be a HUGE HUGE relief to get that dependancy off your chest and think of the nice things you can buy yourself when you start having money back in your pocketbook.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:09 AM on May. 25, 2010

• U CAN DO IT!~!~!~!~ Think about all the energy U WILL have to play and breath through the summer, U wo't smell like an ash tray ANYMORE, you can go exercise in ANY way withOUT loseing your breath. Do you have hard candy & gum? I used the nicorette gm & it worked for me. I chew when I had a bad craving & that worked for me.It does get better, it trely does! Think of how expensive it is TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not like it used to be, at all!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:17 AM on May. 25, 2010

• THANKS LADIES!! I just tried a piece of nicorette. Kept forgetting it wasn't regular gum though and I think I chewed it too much. It made me get sick. Ugh! But at least right now I don't want a cig!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Keep going!! It will all be worth it in the end!!
    Sarina.c.c

Answer by Sarina.c.c at 10:16 AM on May. 25, 2010

• You can do it! The first week does suck. one piece of advice, lose the niccorette, you need to get nicotine out of your system completely to start feeling better. You will cough for a little bit but that is a good thing! It's your body getting rid of all that crap! If you didn't cough it would all be stuck in your lungs, yuck.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:16 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Thanks again for all the encouragement!! I did make it another day!! (yeah!!)

But... I still want a cig badly!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 27, 2010