Does it embarrass anyone else to see the type of questions that are posted here on Cafemom?

To know that the whole world sees what American women are posting about opening owning sex businesses, opening asking questions pertaining to sex (questions men would be embarrassed to post and read). Posting questions asking if it's okay to do drugs while your children are around, not to mention doing them period. Are there any American mothers out there with morals and values? Or is all about the shock value nowadays? I am 100% positive you wouldn't find women of other countries asking these types of questions, especially our Mexican mothers. Anytime I see a Mexican mother, she is taking care of her children, buying stuff for them, not herself. It really is sad if this is what America is coming to- teaching our women this is okay. When is it time to say NO? That American women will not look up to stars such as Lady Ga Ga? I am so scared for the new generation of children that are being brought up out there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree.....it seems there are not a lot of woman (American, Mexican, German, or whatever) who do not feel the need to be discreet. It's really embarrassing to me, and I feel embarrassed for them as well. BUT, I've learned not to read the posts that are suggestive anymore too. Some of them would make a prostitute blush. Just raise your kiddos w/ morals and values and pray they keep on the narrow path, b/c as of now there are not a lot of woman I would want my girls to be like.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 11:38 AM on May. 25, 2010

• AgReed !!!! Most definately people aren't looking UP to lady GAGA, I think any media with art as a form of selling or marketing is a huge magnet. For children to like music is just natural, and music always remains an art, thank God and our country's ability to still have this ability to not forfeit that. We aren't a caldron of misfits waiting for an attack to our art appreciation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on May. 25, 2010

• It's not embarassing it's educating, mostly open air forums. Standard Q's alot of times are pivotal group responses that bring an issue to the forefront, hoping it will make way for other healthier options. Not everyone is saying a drug is used in their home, not everyone is out buying things for themselves, in the original "Q" it seems a tad judgemental to label all americans this WAY via the question and how it is introduced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on May. 25, 2010

• why would you think a mexican mother wouldnt be on here? I'm sure there are all kinds of people on here and cafemom users are in other countries besides the US ya know
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:39 AM on May. 25, 2010

• i always buy for children before me, they bathe before me, eat before me, they get clthes before me ...etc
    i am not mexican in my family tree that i know of, i do not do drugs
    i do not look up to lady gaga, although i saw some clip where she was hanging up in the air and singing, so if i were to have watched that program i would have looked up, could not pick her out of a star gossip magazine
    do not have time for tv much, do not know the stars that people speak of, nor do i care, i have three kids to raise (plus one man 44, count him as child at times) i do not have the time for that

i do get on here, when kids off to school and youngest still asleep, good coffee time for me

but i think your post was generalizing american moms, yes the american culture has gone down the toilet but a lot of moms are doing a great job raising kids where they are bombarded with unsuitable images and values.
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:54 AM on May. 25, 2010

• HA !! there was a mexican mom here on cafemom , (well firstly i could tell by her broken english, and then i clicked open her profile and was confirmed by her profile pic) .. and her question was something like
    i earn, husband no good. uses all food coupons for beer. i no like him as no food for the house. what to do ?

now is that not a personal question ?? and besides, im not saying that woman is wrong. who knows what dilemma she's going through. apparently she cant afford counseling either, so this is the only place she can seek for help(aka advice). so thats what all the other mom's are doing. and most of them hide their identity. and the other half, well they have weird profile names, and pics u cant even figure out who they are. so i guess its perfectly fine to ask questions we know we cant ask our friends in real life.. so there !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Well first I would like to point out that not everyone on here is American.
    Now for the rest. Does it embarass me to ask or answer questions about sex.. no and honestly why should it. Sex is a natural thing everyone does it. Drugs, well I don't do them so I don't know. But hey, everyone has problems in some way or another. I am not Mexican or any other type of Latino. Even though step father is Puerto Rican (sp) and every one says i look Mexican. But i still put my child first before EVERYTHING. I could care less about the dang stars. there are people just like us.

I have morals, do you?
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:22 AM on May. 25, 2010

• The sex questions make me a little uncomfortable, I mostly just skip them. I personally just do not feel comfortable talking about sex, but I don't think mom's that do are bad moms. The stupid drugs and alcohol questions are either people that are very uneducated or people just looking for drama, either way that is sad. I think the majority of mom's are normal but we just hear from the "other" side more often. Oh yeah, there are bad moms in all cultures, it's not just America.. american's may be less modest and have more time to waste but we are not the only country with "bad" moms. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Not embarassed. More like sad for the world and the generations that follow us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Um, then don't come on this website. And you really think other countries are more conservative? You need to take a class or something, other countries are way more open about sex then we are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on May. 25, 2010