What can I do about regression?

This is crazy, my house is now a pee zone.
My son was fully potty trained and then about 3-4 weeks ago he just stopped. He refuses to use the potty.
Now my dog is doing it too! ! He has been trained for 2 years and now he keeps peeing in the house, hiking up on EVERYTHING. What is going on? I was told it is because I am pregnant, but is this true and why? What can I do about this?

(posted in toddlers and pets because i am not sure where to put this)

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 8:53 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL Sorry but my dog is nuts too! I thought I was the only soul with a looney pooch. Your child sounds like he just needs encouragement from you to get back on the potty. I had a sticker book started with each new potty trainer in my house- and they'd get a sticker and a hug when we were successful on the potty times. As for the dog- mine does this when my neighbors dog goes into heat...sigh... and apparently he feels the need to pee on absolutely everything so it smells like he'd been there. For a 5 pound dog- I didn't realize he'd carry that much urine but he spreads it all over the yard and then some! As for the house -where ever he decided to mark that day =his nose was put in the spot so he remembers doing the job... and then the dog gets put in time out. In my case thats the bathroom with the door shut. (knock on wood) Hopefully were over that phase in the house...sigh..good luck!
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 3:17 PM on May. 25, 2010