So if I eat carrots, and spinach, I will get cancer from the sun???

I thought vitamin A was to regenerate the top layer of skin, and to make it appear newer, not encourage sun damage. How do we eat anything and not die?????? I'm only kidding, I believe you are as healthy as what type of diet you keep, meaning, good whole food, and enough fiber, but always remembering the sun isn't our enemy, it's more likely the long sleeved shirt that is our friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Health

• http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/under-fire-a-lesson-in-sunblock-and-the-sun-518398.html

Sunblock encourages skin cancer they are now finding out. It blocks vitamin D which is actually helps the skin fight free radicals on the skin that cause cancer. I will never use it again. DD never uses sun screen & has never been burned. The ysay that folks who have a healthy diet will not get a sun burn...i believe it. They are now saying that folkd who wore sunscreen their whole lives are the ones who are turning out to have skin cancer.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:11 AM on May. 25, 2010

• if you eat spinach & leafy greens it will actually help your skin block the rays that make your skin burn. Here is another article that points out the rise in melanoma during the time sunscreen was becoming widely used.

http://vvv.com/healthnews/dsunscre.html

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:15 AM on May. 25, 2010

• The truth is, scientists know NOTHING. They speculate. If (just a made up example) you swim in a public pool everyday and so do I you might get skin cancer form the chemicals wheras I may not or visa versa.
    A doctor I know has been studying cancer for years and said EVERY cancer is curable without medication or radiation if you eat right and avoid anything processed. unnatural shampoos, deoderant, processed foods etc. The problem is WHERE IS THE MONEY IN THAT? F*ed up, right?
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:03 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Use zinc oxide on your skin...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:31 AM on May. 25, 2010

• vitamin a applied to the skin reacts with the sun and other chemicals in sunscreen possibly increasing the risks of cancer. eating whole natural foods with vitamin a does not react to the the sun, but rather will nourish you and your skin.
    as with most aspects of health, if you live as naturally as possible, you will most likely experience better health.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:07 AM on May. 25, 2010