What gives unions the right.......

to tresspass onto private property?
to have taxpayer paid police escort busses full of SEIU members to a Bank exec's house?
to scare a teensage boy who is home alone into locking himself in the bathroom, fearing the protestors?
http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/19/news/companies/SEIU_Bank_of_America_protest.fortune/index.htm

What gives them the right to get away with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Unions are like legalized thugs. They have nothing to do with protecting workers anymore. They are only there to collect money and push their political agenda by any means necessary.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I saw that story on another question yesterday. It's sickening how some people think that this is okay. I think it would be pretty easy to put your own child in that situation and to think about how each one of us would feel about it. That was nothing more than a thug mob running rampant. Karma is a bitch and they have some coming.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:59 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I've seen many people lose their jobs because of unions. I've seen businesses shut their doors because of unions.

Unions have outgrown their purpose, and protesting at someones home and terrorizing a child is despicable.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:45 AM on May. 25, 2010

• The actions of those involved in the article are dispicable. Things like that simply turn others away from whatever cause they are trying to draw attention to. However, it is unfair to judge ALL Unions by the actions of one or even just a few. Many people have lost their jobs but that has more to do with free trade agreements like Nafta. Excutives and share-holders of large companies want a bigger profit, which means more money in THEIR pockets and things like Nafta give them free rein to move work over-seas in order to realize that larger profit. Many excutives get a bonus based on how much money they save the company. First on their hit list tends to be employee wages and benefits. Cutting employee wages/benefits, saves money, no doubt about it, and the excutive who manages to do that gets a MUCH, MUCH bigger bonus at years end and that is a huge motivating factor. Unions, in many cases, have stopped work from (cont)
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:33 PM on May. 25, 2010

• being out-sourced and saved many jobs. Without Unions, (I'm talking the good ones), there would be many more out of work because the company would have nothing stopping the out-sourcing. Also wages would be a whole lot lower in many cases but prices of goods and services would not be. I've never been a real staunch supporter of Unions in general but I can tell you that if it wasn' t for the Union my husband was a part of, we would have lost everything and ended up on PA. People complain about their Union but the don't seem to realize that THEY are the Union...if they don't like what the union is or is not doing, then they need to attend meetings and help to change it and make it work for them.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:39 PM on May. 25, 2010