Car seat questions

What is a good car seat for an almost three year old.. I want him to be in a 5 point harness for as long as possible. He is 25.5lbs and almost 35 inches tall. I would prefferably like to keep the price under $150.
We also, have a baby due in September and I would like to find a cenvertable car seat that is safe for an infant (I kno they all say 5lbs-what ever lbs, but I've heard that they are not all safe). I want this one to have a high rear facing limit, as well as, the high 5 point harness limit.

olgabillman07

Asked by olgabillman07 at 9:19 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• oh im having my first baby in september too .. so im going through the same dilemma. have no idea which will be a good car seat for an infant.. so yes im also very much interested in knowing the answer to this question ..
    @ OP-- ive heard from alot of friends that ''safety 1st'' has really good car seats.. their reviews and ratings are really good. plus extra comfy for the baby too.. might want to check that out also
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 25, 2010

• for your older child, the graco nautilus, for the baby a first years true fit
    both harness to 65 lbs. the nautilus harnesses to 65 lbs, then converts to a high back, then backless booster
    the true fit is a convertible that harnesses to 65 as well
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:22 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Try a Graco myride65... you would be able to rear face him until 40lbs. Which is so much safer.
    Some of the safety 1st seats are ok... I have an alpha omega elite for my 2 year old and am already having to buy a new one (im buying a Sunshine kids RadianXTSL(which rear faces to 45lbs, harness to 80 in the forward facing position and belt booster until 100+ lbs) because he is already hitting the 35lbs mark for the rear facing position and has already outgrown the should harness height on the forward facing position)
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:30 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My son has been in the Evenflo Triumph Advanced since he was 12 months. He is now 3. He will be in it for at least another 2 years. We LOVE it! It is Super safe and comfortable for him.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:53 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Definitely a graco my ride 65 for both of them! The my ride will keep your son rear facing longer than almost every other car seat on the market and it will also fit a newborn. My daughter is 2.5 year olds, 35 inches and 27 pounds. She still has 3-4 inches until she outgrows the seat height wise (rear facing) and another 13 pounds before she outgrows it weight wise (again, rear facing.)
    Maddys_Mama

Answer by Maddys_Mama at 11:35 AM on May. 25, 2010

• We got a britax regent. it harness's for a long time. well worth the expense.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 1:02 PM on May. 25, 2010