A teacher in GA is in trouble for letting kids act out part of history letting students dress as KKK...

what do you think of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I read this. She was trying to teach about discrimination. I don't see a problem with it. It is a part of our history.
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 9:40 AM on May. 25, 2010

• For a history class i took in high school we did something similar. The two kids who were representing the KKK had to bring in their costumes to the teacher in morning. They could only use it while they were in class. We all had a blast, and roleplay is a great way to make things we have never experienced an understandable and real. I see no problem with it as long as it used only as a learning activity, and not as a way for either the teacher or students to pick on a minority student.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:43 AM on May. 25, 2010

• It must have been like pajama day for some of the students.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I don't see why she is in trouble. I think that is a good way for the students to learn. I know I never got anything from just reading it in a book. It was always from watching a movie that actually made you feel like you were there or doing activities together.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:41 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I think it is time for the news trucks to go away! Its done... over.... not that big of story anymore!!
    Anonymous