Should the baby father's call his baby mama for Mother's day ?

I had a conversation with my daughter's father's about why he didnt call me for Mother's day..and his response was because I got a man...Is that selfish or jealous? Even though, I have a man, that man is not my daughter's father's. Personally i think its respectful that a man calls or acknowledge the woman that is taken care of their child. Her father doesnt give me the respect that I deserve ever since I filed for child support. He said that he would have respect me more if I would have gave him more time to come up with the money and I did our daughter was born in Nov 2007 and I didnt put him on child support until Aug 2008(which I have not received any support yet.) I still allow him to see his daughter whenever he wants. I am the main provider for my daughter with the help of my boyfriend. Dont I deserve respect?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 9:37 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes you deserve respect. BUT if he has time and time again not done that, why would expect a call on Mother's Day? It's not like it was your daughter's birthday and he didn't call or come by. That would be something different and then I would say you have every right to be mad about. But I say just let Mother's Day, and don't expect it in the future.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:51 AM on May. 25, 2010

• **let mother's day go...

Crystal1124

• @ Crystal1124...thank you so much for your feedback. But I have let Mother's day go but its the principle. You have to put yourself in my position in order to understand where I am coming from. You may be a mother who has your child's father involve on the regular....so you wouldnt understand. I am not expecting him to do anything at all esp when it comes to me. But a real man would acknowledge that facts and respect the woman that is taking care of their child. If he can do it with his other child's mother then why he can't do it with me. But you know what its not about me nor him......but the child. Again like I said thanks for your feedback.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 10:00 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I agree that it would be nice for the daddy to send a card FOR the child to you for Mother's day BUT it isn't a requirement since you aren't together anymore. Let it go. he has no other responsibility to you other than being a good father to your child and making sure that the CHILD is loved and cared for.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:05 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Oh, and before you say something like you did to Crystal...I am a divorced mother and my ex didn't send me a card or call and I really could care less because he is a good father to my child and that is all that matters
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:06 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Only if she is his mother.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:23 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My ex didn't call/send me a card/etc. and I didn't expect him to! He's the father of my oldest 3 kids, he's over 20K behind in child support, still takes his visitation every other weekend, and I didn't expect or want him to call me. I can't stand him and I can't imagine spending MY Mother's Day talking to him!

Answer by missanc at 10:26 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I know that maybe as the child gets older, you could expect that the father go out of his way to remind the child to make it a special day for you (for example, when he has your daughter, he could remind her to sit down and make you a card) but no, I dont think you should expect anything from him and a call is not necessary. Your "man" could still make it a special day for you since you are an important mother in his life.

I am with your ex on this one....sorry.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:26 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Yeah, I have to agree with the others on this one too.. He does not owe you anything for Mother's Day. Mother's Day is for the children to show love and appreciation.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:50 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My baby's daddy is like this too. He will tell me, 'thats what your boyfriend for'. It used to really piss me off... Then one day he told me 'If i can't be the man of the house, then I have no responsibility to you, only to my daughter' It makes sense. I gave up, as long as he is there for my DD on her days, its all that matters.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 11:06 AM on May. 25, 2010