How can people say something is good in moderation when they put it in everything?

for example: high fructose corn syrup: everyone says it ok n moderation but yet you can look at just about everything in your kitchen and it's in there. that's not moderation. if it's in every product you by. like the chemicals in plastics are ok in moderation but it's in 90% of plastices.

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 9:39 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Health

• you already answered your own question. it's not moderation. i've seen the commercials - notice who funds them? there's a clue. i've done my own research on HCFS - it's probably one of the worst things you could possibly put in your body.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:37 PM on May. 25, 2010

• That is exactly what I said the first time I saw the HFCS commercial stating that its fine in moderation... except its in EVERYTHING. We found this out the hard way. My son has a corn allergy and cannot have anything containing corn... which includes HFCS. I was amazed when I started reading labels and realized it was in everything.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:41 AM on May. 25, 2010

• If we were eating like we should, then it would be in moderation. Making stuff from scratch instead of buying canned, prepackaged, processed stuff we wouldn't be getting that much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Who is everyone? Corporate shills?

High fructose corn syrup is bad for people. Don't let it into your home.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:24 AM on May. 25, 2010