GA history teach allows studens to wear KKK costume to school for a project on racism...thoughts??

It's not fortunate that this is part of our history, but it is. When i read the headliner, i was a bit outraged. But, now i understand that it was for a school project on racism & they were making a film. How would you feel if this were your child's school?

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 9:41 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:41 AM on May. 25, 2010

• wow, typo central.....sorry, I'm sure y'all catch my drift...LOLOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:42 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Klan Kkk.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I would say it would be appropriate to put it on for the presentation or the project when it's time, but shouldn't come dressed in it to school. After it's over with it should be removed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 25, 2010

• It is for a project. Would people make a big deal here if someone wore a nazi uniform for a project at school? Chances are not as much. How about a british uniform from the revolutionary war? It is part of history. Maybe it should be done differently as in change itno them for the project only, but many teachers are limited in their class time as it is so I can't really judge them. I am glad this teacher isn't holding back though on teaching all parts of history.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:47 AM on May. 25, 2010

• This actually IS my child's school.

While I believe that the teacher meant no harm, harm it did cause, and I think that she didn't think it through very well before letting the kids pick this part of history as their project.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 25, 2010

• It's a part of history and in some parts current events. It's important to open dialogue about it and I don't have a problem with the school doing it as long as they are prepared for the questions and feelings that the kids might have on the subject.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 AM on May. 25, 2010

• i think it was fine but she shouldve just kept it in her class room. She shouldnt have allowed the students to go through the halls dressed like that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:50 AM on May. 25, 2010

• i really hope she doesnt get in any kind of trouble but i think when doing big projects like this maybe teachers should get approval just to save their asses.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:51 AM on May. 25, 2010

• She should have kept it in the classroom. I agree with Quinn~it is a part of our nation's history.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:57 AM on May. 25, 2010